Re: Disability Categories. Need for Consistency Across WAI Documents. Provide FEEDBACK please........

I think I agree with what Al suggested. I think that where we use a term as a
definition, we should refer it to an internationally recognised glossary
where possible, and the WHO is probably as useful a body as any. But in many
cases I think we want to talk about something where the precise definition of
the disability in question is not really important, and I think that then we
should be able to link it to a more accurate term without feeling we always
have to.

In general, the definition of disabilities is something of a moving target
for several reasons. For most (not all) of the work we do it isn't so
important what the name we use is, as what the problems we are trying to
solve are.

cheers

Charles McCN