Re: archive: example message page with long titles

At 11:08 PM 2001-08-25 , Kelly Ford wrote:
>Am I missing something because I don't see the title text in lynx.
>Attached is the page and I don't see the title text that's ben defined for
>the skip nav link.  This is in Lynx.

The text from the elment titles for the links don't show up in the normal page
view in Lynx.  But if you hit the 'l' key for the list of links view, it shows
up with the title text from the anchor slash link elements as the link text in
the list-of-links page.

Except for the skip-navigation link where the element title never shows up
even
in the list of links, because of the way that Lynx handles internal links in
this context.  The page title and not the link title is used where links go
from one place to another in the current page.

>JAWS reads the title text.  This is controled with a user setting that
>chooses between what JAWS calls screen text and alt/title or the longer of
>the two.
>
>Personally I think JAWS is wrong here.  They default to reading title text
>and most users are not going to know about changing this or why they'd
>want to.

What does the list of links view in Jaws show?

Can anyone tell us what the list of links view in Window-Eyes uses?

If one does not use the list-of-links view, how hard is it to read all the
text, including what comes in each list item before the link text, and follow
the link that you wish when you get to it?

Al