Disorienting LINK starts errata sheet

From: Al Gilman <asgilman@iamdigex.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 15:48:57 -0400
To: wai-wcag-editors@w3.org
Hey, You guys do good work.

The new GL homepage is highly effective [so far as I can tell].

[I would like it better without the navbar following section heads, but
that's a small price to pay...]

In the mean time, on a matter of lesser importance, I find the chosen
RELationship of "start" on the LINK back to the WCAG at the head of the
errata to be _dis_orienting in its effect.

Source view:
------
<title>Errata in Web Content Accessibility Guidelines</title>
<!-- Changed by: Ian B. Jacobs, 14-Oct-1998 -->
<LINK rel="start" href="http://www.w3.org/TR/WAI-WEBCONTENT">
<LINK rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
      href="http://www.w3.org/StyleSheets/TR/base.css">
------

Lynx view:
------
                       Errata in Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (p1
of 3)

   #[1]start

   [2]W3C

Errata in Web Content Accessibility Guidelines

   This document:
          [3]http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WAI-WEBCONTENT-ERRATA

------

Encountering a navbar entry labeled "start" I would assume it is a Jim
Thatcher style skip-navigation opportunity to a good start-reading point.
Here it takes me clean out of my current document and into the big mother
guidelines.  Is this just a leftover LINK that nobody saw because it wasn't
edited in an environment where these things show?

Al