From: James Nurthen <nurthen@adobe.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2020 4:53 PM
To: Bakken, Brent <Brent.Bakken@Pearson.com>; Matthew King <mck@fb.com>
Cc: Hidde de Vries <hidde@w3.org>; Shawn Henry <shawn@w3.org>; Shadi Abou-Zahra <shadi@w3.org>; Joanmarie Diggs (jdiggs@igalia.com) <jdiggs@igalia.com>; Michael Cooper <cooper@w3.org>; Boaz Sender <boaz@bocoup.com>; Sharron Rush <srush@knowbility.org>; Ku, Ja Eun (Jemma) <jku@illinois.edu>
Subject: Re: ARIA/EO joint meeting agenda

Brent,

Regards,
James

James Nurthen (he/him)  |  Accessibility Engineer  |  Adobe  |  T 415 832 2734  |  nurthen@adobe.com<mailto:nurthen@adobe.com>

From: Bakken, Brent <Brent.Bakken@Pearson.com<mailto:Brent.Bakken@Pearson.com>>
Date: Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 2:47 PM
To: Matthew King <mck@fb.com<mailto:mck@fb.com>>
Cc: Hidde de Vries <hidde@w3.org<mailto:hidde@w3.org>>, Shawn Henry <shawn@w3.org<mailto:shawn@w3.org>>, Shadi Abou-Zahra <shadi@w3.org<mailto:shadi@w3.org>>, James Nurthen <nurthen@adobe.com<mailto:nurthen@adobe.com>>, Joanmarie Diggs (jdiggs@igalia.com<mailto:jdiggs@igalia.com>) <jdiggs@igalia.com<mailto:jdiggs@igalia.com>>, Michael Cooper <cooper@w3.org<mailto:cooper@w3.org>>, Boaz Sender <boaz@bocoup.com<mailto:boaz@bocoup.com>>, Sharron Rush <srush@knowbility.org<mailto:srush@knowbility.org>>, Ku, Ja Eun (Jemma) <jku@illinois.edu<mailto:jku@illinois.edu>>
Subject: ARIA/EO joint meeting agenda
Hi Matt, and others involved in planning,

I know that we were going to work a bit on defining the agenda for the ARIA/EO joint meeting that is coming up on Thursday this week. Sorry to not have much response from EO until now. Here are a few considerations for agenda tweaks. <Current agenda page for reference<mailto:https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/wiki/Meetings/APG_EO_Joint>>

  *   Identify Scribe - I am working on getting this done before the meeting so we don't have to use meeting time.
  *   Introductions - (no adjustment)
  *   Project Overview - Great for Matt to give overview. We can keep this brief if we can send out a reminder early tomorrow (Wednesday) for everyone invited to review the redesign project document<mailto:https://www.w3.org/wiki/WAI/ARIA_APG_Redesign/>. I can send, but need a full list of attendees from ARIA WG side.
  *   Identify/discuss stakeholder concerns - Maybe change to "Discuss ARIA APG Redesign Project Scope, Execution Plan, and Stakeholders"
  *   Organization and process, i.e., joint task force formation, community groups, etc. - I am currently working on a draft of a Task Force Statement that will outline some of this information in a concise document. We can discuss, but may be better to leave to co-chairs and team contacts to take up off-line. Once I have the draft Task Force Statement I will send out for quick review and edits (most likely not prior to the meeting).

If these suggestions are okay, please go ahead and update the agenda wiki page. Again, I will send out reminder to everyone to review project document prior to the meeting once I receive a list of those who will be attending from the ARIA working group side.

Looking forward to getting together on Thursday.
Thanks,
Brent

Brent A. Bakken
Director, Accessibility Strategy & Education Services
Psychometrics & Testing Services
Co-Chair Pearson Able (global)
Pearson

512 202 1087
brent.bakken@pearson.com<mailto:brent.bakken@pearson.com>
US Central Time Zone - (remote office Texas)