RE: [wbs] response to 'Scripts for Evaluation Intro Videos (Updated)'

> Great to have you back!

You say that now ;)

Just to say, I am not precious on any of my comments. I appreciate this is in flight and there has already been background work.

I have responded just to your specific questions to hopefully clarify a bit.

Thanks

Kevin

> On 12/09/2019 16:42, Kevin White via WBS Mailer wrote:
> [SNIP]
> >> ---------------------------------
> >> Video 1: Evaluation Overview
> [SNIP]
> > 3: Would be good to mention something of the iterative aspect of the
> > approach.
>
> Tried to add the word "iteratively" or "repeatedly" but they seem too
> clunky: "Ideally you evaluate [iteratively/repeatedly] throughout the design and
> development process". Do you have other suggestions?

Maybe something like:

"Ideally you evaluate throughout the design and development process. An iterative approach finds errors early and avoids costly repairs later in the process"

Bit longer but avoids the clunk?

> >> ---------------------------------
> >> Video 2: Preliminary Evaluation
> [SNIP]
> > 2: Visuals: This might be a bit fastidious but I wonder if using a
> > completely fictitious bug scattering might give the wrong impression
> > of how the tools would work? I know it is not possible to use any
> > particular tool but wonder if it would possible to use a visual that
> > is more similar to the patterns used in the tools?
>
> What do you mean by "patterns used in the tools"?

For example, how WAVE puts big dotted borders round things with icons to indicate the type of problem?

This e-mail (and any files or other attachments transmitted with it) is intended solely for the attention of the addressee(s). Unauthorised use, disclosure, storage, copying or distribution of any part of this e-mail is not permitted. If you are not the intended recipient please destroy the email, remove any copies from your system and inform the sender immediately by return.

Communications with the Scottish Government may be monitored or recorded in order to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes. The views or opinions contained within this e-mail may not necessarily reflect those of the Scottish Government.

Tha am post-d seo (agus faidhle neo ceanglan còmhla ris) dhan neach neo luchd-ainmichte a-mhàin. Chan eil e ceadaichte a chleachdadh ann an dòigh sam bith, a’ toirt a-steach còraichean, foillseachadh neo sgaoileadh, gun chead. Ma ’s e is gun d’fhuair sibh seo gun fhiosd’, bu choir cur às dhan phost-d agus lethbhreac sam bith air an t-siostam agaibh agus fios a leigeil chun neach a sgaoil am post-d gun dàil.

Dh’fhaodadh gum bi teachdaireachd sam bith bho Riaghaltas na h-Alba air a chlàradh neo air a sgrùdadh airson dearbhadh gu bheil an siostam ag obair gu h-èifeachdach neo airson adhbhar laghail eile. Dh’fhaodadh nach  eil beachdan anns a’ phost-d seo co-ionann ri beachdan Riaghaltas na h-Alba.