Re: Captions and transcripts in WCAG 2.0 and the W3C Multimedia Accessibility FAQ

Dear Cole,

SC 1.2.2 and 1.2.4 apply to "synchronized media", which is commonly a video with both a visual component and an audio component.

Most W3C media is audio-only (no video), for which transcripts are sufficient. (For audio-only, it is beneficial to also provide captions, though not required.)

Regards,
~Shawn

-----
Shawn Lawton Henry