<excerpt>
From:  Michael Cooper <cooper@w3.org>
> From: Shawn

> * For consistency with other WAI specs, consider the following
> titles/h1s:
> - Accessible Rich Internet Applications (WAI-ARIA) 1.0 [without
> ‘Version’]

I made this change.

> - WAI-ARIA Primer for Accessible Rich Internet Applications 1.0
> - WAI-ARIA Best Practices for Accessible Rich Internet Applications 1.0
> - WAI-ARIA User Agent Implementation Guide for Accessible Rich
> Internet Applications 1.0
> - WAI-ARIA Roadmap for Accessible Rich Internet Applications 1.0 [or
> no 1.0 needed?]

I think this is super-awkward. This is kind of like saying "WAI-ARIA
Best Practices for WAI-ARIA". I also don't see that this change would
make it more consistent with other WAI specs. The other editors agreed
that we don't want to make these title changes.

</excerpt>

I have been working on getting the document titles consistent across the WAI guidelines. Below is what we did for WCAG 2 docs:
* Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0
* Techniques for WCAG 2.0: Techniques and Failures for Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0
* Understanding WCAG 2.0: A guide to understanding and implementing Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0
* How to Meet WCAG 2.0: A customizable quick reference to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 requirements (success criteria) and techniques

Note that we want an easy short title and thus used the acronym in the title of the support docs, then wrote it out in the subtitle. I think we want to do that for the WAI-ARIA documents. What do you think about using that title and subtitle combination? e.g., "WAI-ARIA Primer: For Accessible Rich Internet Applications 1.0"

Other suggestions welcome!

Best,
~Shawn