Re: Feedback on "Shared Web Experiences: Barriers Common to Mobile Device Users and People with Disabilities"

Thanks Yeliz,

Looks great!

Yeliz Yesilada wrote:
> Hi Sangwhan,
>
> Thanks for your comments. I have addressed them all in the latest
> version (<http://www.w3.org/WAI/mobile/experiences-new> and
> <http://www.w3.org/WAI/mobile/experiences-new-format>). Please let me
> know if you are happy with the changes.
>
> On 24 Sep 2008, at 17:38, Sangwhan Moon wrote:
>
>> I'm pretty new to the group and the following are a couple trivial
>> suggestions as feedback for "Barriers Common to Mobile Device Users
>> and People with Disabilities". These might be invalid as I am still
>> going through the backlog of the working group.
>>
>> Audio-only prompts (beeps, buzzes) for important information
>> (warnings, errors).
>> - Buzzes do not seem to meet the context, as the context mostly states
>> about hearing ability. I believe buzzing could also be a alternative
>> alert for the both the blind and deaf.
>
> Removed "buzzes" from the list.

...and verified that it's not there anymore.

>> Non-text content
>> - Images or other media content that can trigger a page reflow should
>> explicitly state a predefined size for the user agent to reserve that
>> space for the image before it is loaded to prevent the page text
>> content from being pushed down due to delayed image delivery in a
>> linearized page format. Reflow that moves the current viewport will
>> provide a bad user experience for users with motor disability and will
>> even frustrate normal users.
>
> We tried to keep the descriptions of the problems stated short as they
> are already explained in detail in other W3C documents.

Brilliant. Agree that it would be clearer to have things split out so
people don't have read the same thing over and over. ;)

Cheers
Sangwhan

--
Sangwhan Moon, Opera Software ASA