Re: accessibility review and 4.0 release

On Mon, 15 Sep 1997, Al Gilman wrote:

> I think there is still another issue you raised which is
> approximately:
>
> 	Do images loaded in to FRAMEs have the
> 	same mapping and alternate-text
> 	capabilities as images imported with
> 	the IMG tag?  Should they?
A long term solution would be to encourage authors to import an image into
a frame by firstly referring to the image using OBJECT, in an otherwise
empty HTML document, being sure to include an appropriate textual
substitute for the image in the content of OBJECT; and then pointing to
the HTML document which has thus been created in the SRC attribute of the
frame definition. Thus, there would be an HTML document consisting of only
a title and an OBJECT element, which would offer an indirect mechanism by
which the image could be imported into the frame.

I agree however that a short term solution also needs to be sought.