Re: a 4 Type Document Collection with Resource Site

I just got around to reading Greg's 4-type document note.
In particular, in document type D, he gives the following
suggestion for reorganization:

Gregg Vanderheiden wrote:

> A possible format for the Type D document would be to break it down
> into issues or topic areas (much as the current Unified Guidelines
> are.    Within each topic the breakdown might look like
>         - Topic name or Access Issue
>         - Access issue is described
>         - Long Term WAI recommended solution is described
>                 a) Overall strategy for solution is presented
>                 b) Page Author recommendations presented
>                 c) Browser Recommendations are presented
>                 d) Server Recommendations are presented
>                 e) Screen Reader Recommendations are presented
>         - Short Term, Temporary Fixes are presented
>                 a) Things a page author can do for now if any
>                 b) Things a browser designer can do for now if any
>                 c) Things a server designer can do for now if any
>                 d) Things a screen reader can do for now if any

I think this is right on, though I would argue that the current
guidelines are not really in this format. If we could formalize the
WAI guidelines into this format it's precisely what we need.
We should be very careful about stressing the access
issues without getting lost in idiosyncracies of only one
of the 3-tuple of access agent, browser, document encoding.

Josh Krieger