Re: ACTION-747: rework the 2.8 toolbar proposal

Here are some further revisions to Jan's proposal, based partially on the
time I spent after the call today experimenting with the toolbar
customization in Safari, Chrome, Firefox and Word.  I think extensions
need to be called out, as they in many cases become first class siblings
to existing UA commands/functions.  Also, I think the concept of
containers (e.g. Toolbars) needs to be included.  I added some basic
examples to ( c ), though I think Kim may have described them better
during today's call. I added (d) because this seems to be an existing
feature in some implementations.

2.8.1 Customize display of controls representing user interface commands,
functions, and extensions: The user can customize which user agent
commands, functions, and extensions are displayed within the user agent's
user interface as follows: (AA)

(a) Show: The user can choose to display any controls, which can include
user installed extensions, available within the user agent user interface.
It is acceptable to limit the total number of controls that are displayed
onscreen.

(b) Simplify: The user can simplify the default user interface by choosing
to display only commands essential for basic operation (e.g. by hiding
some control).

(c) Reposition: The user can choose to reposition individual controls
within containers (e.g. Toolbars or tool palettes), as well as reposition
the containers themselves to facilitate physical access (e.g. To minimize
hand travel on touch screens, or to facilitate preferred hand access on
handheld mobile devices).

(d) Assign Activation Keystrokes or Gestures: The user can choose to view,
assign or change default keystrokes or gestures used to activate controls.

(e) Reset: The user has the option to reset the containers and controls
available to their original configuration.