RE: HTML5 Rendering Margins and Padding

Great Jeanne!
I like your proposal. The 'b' part about changing overflow to be scroll is
an issue for UAWG. Current UA with caret browsing cannot 'get into' the
overflow area to scroll the content. Unless you have a mouse or screenreader
that content is non-existent.
On 2 April Kelly, Mark and I took an action, but it was not written
properly, so never got assigned.

JA, MH, KF to draft a proposal by 16 April
overflow http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2009JanMar/0087.html

navigating into scrollable overflow regions is not explicitly mentioned in
UAAG. It falls under 4.1.1 Keyboard Operation and Guideline 3.10 Help user
to use and orient within viewports, since the overflow region functions much
like a separate viewport.

Jim
Behalf