Re: UAAG, error handling and HTML5

I would like to believe that, but what about backward compatibility?
What about user agents that do not use styles?  There needs to be a
fallback.

On Feb 24, 2009, at 1:12 PM, Jan Richards wrote:

Hi Henny,

In the example, the "required" fields are outlined in red because
that's what the CSS says to do...

But, once HTML5 becomes a recommendation (and if "required" is a
feature) I would expect browsers to do native parsing of the attribute
resulting in some default highlighting behaviour AND in the case of
accessible user agents conveying the semantic fact ("required") in a
non-visual way as well.

Cheers,
Jan

--