W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-ua@w3.org > January to March 2007

Re: Minutes from User Agent Teleconference for February 15 2007

From: Peter Parente <pparent@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 14:31:29 -0500
To: Jan Richards <jan.richards@utoronto.ca>
Cc: WAI-UA list <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>, w3c-wai-ua-request@w3.org
Message-ID: <OF7C351A63.283BC69C-ON85257289.006B01D8-85257289.006B3BE5@us.ibm.com>

I'm trying to tackle my bullet rewrite, but upon closer inspection of ATAG 
2.0 and WCAG 2.0, it looks like we have two ideas in that one bullet. The 
first is to align with WCAG and ATAG using their ideas of perceivable, 
operable, undestandable, and access system friendly. The other idea is the 
MVC. These don't completely jive, though I suppose perceivable and 
understandable are "view" requirements, operable is a "controller" 
requirement, and access system friendly has to do with the model.

Which way do we want to head? Mixing the two lingos probably isn't 


Peter Parente
IBM Linux Accessibility Project
Tie: 526-2346
UNC: 919-962-1780
IBM: 919-486-2346

Jan Richards <jan.richards@utoronto.ca> 
Sent by: w3c-wai-ua-request@w3.org
02/15/2007 02:51 PM

WAI-UA list <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>

Minutes from User Agent Teleconference for February 15 2007


Action Items:

Refers to numbering in: 

ACTION: KF to 3f
ACTION: CL to will do 3a,b,c,d
ACTION: JR to will do 3e
ACTION: JA to will do 3h
ACTION: PP to will do 1d
ACTION: JA to will do 1c
ACTION: JA to will do 1e
ACTION: KF to will do 1f
ACTION: JA to Will do 2c
ACTION: JA JR Work 3 points at bottom into section 2
ACTION: JR,JA will do 2a, 2b
ACTION: JA to Clarify thoughts about use cases.


Jim Allan wrote:
> W3C User Agent Teleconference for February 15 2007
> -------------------------------------------------------------
> Chair: Jim Allan
> Date: Thursday, February 15 2007
> Time: 2:00-3:00 pm Boston Local Time, USA (19:00-20:00 UTC/GMT)
> Call-in: Zakim bridge at: +1-617-761-6200, code 8294#
> IRC: sever: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #ua.
> -------------------------------------------------------------
> Please send RSVP or additional agenda items to the list.
> Agenda Items
>                1. Review and Revise "Requirements Document"
> www.tsbvi.edu/technology/uawg/UA_requirements-14feb07.html
>                2. Issues
>                                a. Should we include use cases to help 
define user agents?
>                                                Examples: Multimodal Use 
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/NOTE-mmi-use-cases-20021204/
>                                                Compound Documents 
>                                b. Consider expansion/explanation of 
individual items (see WCAG 2.0
> Requirements)
>                                c. ???
>                3. Calendar for meetings in March.
> Jim Allan, Webmaster & Statewide Technical Support Specialist
> Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired
> 1100 W. 45th St., Austin, Texas 78756
> voice 512.206.9315    fax: 512.206.9264  http://www.tsbvi.edu/
> "We shape our tools and thereafter our tools shape us." McLuhan, 1964

Jan Richards, M.Sc.
User Interface Design Specialist
Adaptive Technology Resource Centre (ATRC)
Faculty of Information Studies
University of Toronto

   Email: jan.richards@utoronto.ca
   Web:   http://jan.atrc.utoronto.ca
   Phone: 416-946-7060
   Fax:   416-971-2896
Received on Wednesday, 21 February 2007 19:31:36 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 20:38:36 UTC