Re: W3C User Agent Teleconference for 3 November 2005

On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 00:31:00 +0100, Jim Allan <jimallan@tsbvi.edu> wrote:

> W3C User Agent Teleconference for 3 November 2005

Regrets - I am at the SVG face to face meeting. (By the way, what's the
scheduling algorithm for meetings - I have not been able to work it out :-(

> Agenda
>
> 1. Review and discuss UAAG checkpoint mapping to PFWG Roadmap Table 2.0
> GAP Analysis
>  -http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/roadmap/DHTMLRoadmap092305.html#Fill
>
> 2. Update initial pass of UAAG/Roadmap mapping
>  -http://www.tsbvi.edu/technology/uawg/roadmap.htm

The last line of that has

Provide focus to all active elements ... TABINDEX=-1 best practice ... All
XHTML 2 elements shall be focusable.

An alternative would be to define, in format specifications, that anything
that has intereaction behaviour (an event listener, or a default
interactivity), should be focusable. As an example, the SVG Tiny 1.2
specification has this notion, and I filed a last call comment on the way
they handle events which includes the notion that things with event
listeners should be focusable by default. As I am a member of the SVG
working group I expect a resolution - look for a public comment from them
at some point.

I haven't the time to check properly right now :-( but I am pretty sure
this is actually covered by UAAG already.

cheers

Chaals

--
Charles McCathieNevile                     chaals@opera.com