RE: UAAG review comments (personal)

Hi Ian,

I have forwarded your responses to the i18n group comments to the i18n group for review. Thankyou.

I wanted to come back on the following:

>  > #ri-1:
>  > Sec 2, 1st bulleted list
>  > It would be useful to clarify the intent and normative status of
> the bold text that immediately follows a guideline title.
>
> See the beginning of section 2, which gives a succinct
> explanation of the normative and informative parts of each
> checkpoint definition.
>
> "Each checkpoint definition includes the following parts. Some parts
> are normative (i.e., relate to conformance); others are informative
> only. ..."

I was actually referring to the text related to guidelines, not checkpoints.  The first bulleted list in ch2 mentions the guideline number and guideline title (which I assume are both inside the box), but then goes on to the rationale without mentioning the intervening bold text (eg. From Guideline 1: "Ensure that the user can interact with the user agent (and the content it renders) through different input and output devices.")  It is this bold text I am querying.

Cheers,
RI

Richard Ishida
W3C

The W3C Internationalization Activity has restructured, and has issued a call for participation.
See http://www.w3.org/International/about.html

tel: +44 1753 480 292