RE: Proposed requirements for checkpoint 6.4 (Response Required)

We need to have information about:

object 's bounding rectangle in screen coordinates
bounding rectangle of active elements withing an image map in screen
coordinates

These would assist magnification software in knowing where to focus on
elements.

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger
Senior Technical Staff Member
IBM Accessibility Center
Research Division
EMail/web: schwer@us.ibm.com

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.",
Frost

                      "Hansen, Eric"
                      <ehansen@ets.org>        To:       "'Jon Gunderson'" <jongund@uiuc.edu>, w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      w3c-wai-ua-reques        Subject:  RE: Proposed requirements for checkpoint 6.4 (Response Required)
                      t@w3.org

                      07/31/2002 02:50
                      PM

I think that this is a good improvement.

The only thing that seems a slightly vague concerns the last note:

> Note(2): The user agent should also provide access to
> information about
> each graphical object, such as its role, a text description and other
> useful information in describing the state and content of the object.

But maybe that is about the very best that can be done at this time.

I am supportive of the change.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain privileged or
confidential information. It is solely for use by the individual for whom
it is intended, even if addressed incorrectly. If you received this e-mail
in error, please notify the sender; do not disclose, copy, distribute, or
take any action in reliance on the contents of this information; and delete

it from your system. Any other use of this e-mail is prohibited. Thank you
for your compliance.