Re: W3C UA Mozilla implementation report

Thank you. I'll take a look at it.

Rich Schwerdtfeger
Senior Technical Staff Member
IBM Accessibility Center
Research Division
EMail/web: schwer@us.ibm.com

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.",
Frost

                      aaronl@netscape.c
                      om (Aaron                To:       Richard Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
                      Leventhal)               cc:
                                               Subject:  Re: W3C UA Mozilla implementation report
                      02/21/2002 02:52
                      PM

Richard,

At this time the report is for the Windows versions of our browser I'll
have some volunteer Mozilla developers do Mac and Linux/UNIX, since I
don't know those platforms as well yet myself.

We're working with Sun to support Gnome accessibility. They have some
engineers that they're getting up to speed.

In process DOM is done via Javascript, the same way that it's done in
internet explorer. One can also use XPCOM for C++ in-process DOM
communication. There is XPCOM documentation on the mozilla.org site,
check out the embedding page and let me know if it has what you want:
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/embedding/PublicAPIs.html. If you have a
particular project in mind I'd like to discuss it with you directly.

Here is our documentation for AT vendors:
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/ui/accessibility -- read item #2 (Gecko
Info for Windows Accessibility Vendors)..

Aaron