RE: Low vision usage

Al wrote:
> But that may not be what you meant.  I meant to ask, are
> there in between
> people for whom the image is perceptually degraded to the
> point that the
> assist
> from the text is highly valuable; but still there is residual
> utility in the
> image perception so that the text alone is inferior to having
> access to the
> text with image, together.

Degrees of vision are infinite Al.
A colleague of mine uses zoom text to view characters around one inch
high. Try appreciating a painting through a jewellers eyeglass?

win2 has a 'high contrast' setting in display properties for
the desktop which in fact does cause pop up alt text to show large,
but it only applies in certain modes.

Regards DaveP.

-

confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient you are hereby notified that you must not use,
disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email's content. If
immediately and then delete the email and any attachments from your
system.

RNIB has made strenuous efforts to ensure that emails and any
attachments generated by its staff are free from viruses. However, it
cannot accept any responsibility for any viruses which are
transmitted. We therefore recommend you scan all attachments.

represent those of RNIB.

RNIB Registered Charity Number: 226227

Website: http://www.rnib.org.uk