RE: Low vision usage

At 10:35 AM 2001-11-07 , DPawson@rnib.org.uk wrote:

>> I would send the suggestions to the User Agent group list
>> (w3c-wai-ua@w3.org).  Tim Lacy is currently the Microsoft contact
>> participating in the User Agent working group.
>
>Thanks Jon.
>
>Issue: alt text on images, for low vision users.
>
>If I have screen fonts set to large,
>alt text remains the same size, it doesn't increase
>proportionately to the screen font.
>
>(Its the same on java tooltips btw).
>Whats it like on opera or amaya or Netscape?)

Question:

Are there some low vision users who should be able to have both the ALT and
image shown at the same time?  So the ALT is there to explain what is in the
image of which you see a fragment?

There was the suggestion earlier [failing to find reference at the moment]
that
LD users should have access to both the text equivalent and the image
equivalent, displayed together.

Al