Re: Raw minutes from 1 November UAWG teleconference

Well, I would like to do the two in common. For me, it is easier to edit EARL
and I have a strong interest in having the existing content as EARL. If I get
to do this in Jon's format first, I am happy to do that, but I would like to
see progress on conversion too - I think it is not very difficult.

cheers

Chaals

On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, Ian B. Jacobs wrote:

  Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

  > I have a Mac with iCab (a macintosh-only browser with some cool acccess
  > features) so would be interested in doing an evaluation. I would like to
  > produce my output as EARL - is it possible to find someon who can write an
  > XSLT conversion between the format Jon created and EARL?

  Charles,

  Thanks for offering to do this. If your primary purpose
  is to contribute to the UA implementation report, I would
  suggest using Jon's format, and then we can translate to
  EARL (with XSLT) when we have better integration with EARL.
  We have tools in place already for generating implementation
  reports. I think we would need reasonable motivation on the
  advantages to us to switch to EARL tools. (I am certainly
  personally open to switching, but Jon is the critical resource
  here since he's the primary user/creator of the UA tools.)

  If your primary purpose is to use EARL, then we have to
  figure out what resources we could allocate to a transformation
  (which is probably not difficult). I believe that Jon has been
  in contact with Sean about us using EARL, but we are not very
  far along in those discussions.