Re: Editorial nits in UAAG10

I rather like the "simple table of contents and full table of contents
provided in some specs (SVG is the latest to use this I think).

I don't much like the litle blocks of links everywhere - there is an
accesskey to get to the contents, or I can go back there if I already was.
(And user agents should be providing this kind of function, not content.)

Chaals

On Sun, 11 Mar 2001, Ian Jacobs wrote:

  Harvey Bingham wrote:

  > Nitpicking on
  >
  >      http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/WD-UAAG10-20010309
  [snip]

  > 7. I'd like "return to Table of Contents" internal links within
  > the document, at the end of each section.

  We used to have those, then got rid of them. I was told
  (perhaps by Gregory and/or Charles and/or Daniel?) that
  they weren't that useful in practice. They were used in WCAG 1.0
  and I've never heard any positive feedback about them.

  We also used to have links at the beginning of each Guideline
  to each checkpoint in the Guideline. I was also told those
  weren't useful in practice. So there's no easy navigation
  directly to a specific checkpoint.

  I'm not against adding such mechanisms, but it doesn't come for
  free, so I'd like to hear what users of the document have to
  say.