Re: Comments/questions about checkpoint 9.3 (configuration of eventnotification)

Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> An event that doesn't cause a change need not be notified - I am thinking
> about changes to the document (am I on the right tram here?).

Yes, that's true. But furthermore, an event that doesn't cause
a change in the UI need not be notified in the UI.

> A change to the UI may not be obvious to somebody using a serial access mode
> on a large document (50 characters opf braille doesn't give a very big
> picture of 90 lines of document. And the UA guidelines are a fair bit longer
> than 90 lines, as is the checklist.

My browser does not work this way: let's say a script causes a change
to something outside the viewport. I am not informed that there has
been a change to content outside the viewport. Are you asking that
changes to content outside a viewport be indicated to users with
disabilities?

 - Ian