Re: proposed re-wording of Ian's 2.7

Thanks Kitch,
This still seems a little vague on what we want the developer to do.  If
disorientation is the problem we are trying to solve, then the main issue
seems to be not to render garbage on the screen and tell the user that
there is content in an unsupported language not being rendered.  Ian
yesterday was talking about changing the style of the garbage rendered, but
this seems to be still disorienting.  It seems to me the only useful
function is to not render the garbage and tell the user there is something
missing.

How about:
<Jon's Modified>
   2.7 For content in a recognized but unsupported natural language,
prevent user disorientation by allowing the user agent to be configured so
that the content associated with the unsupported language is not
rendered.  In the place of the content provide a message indicating that it
is not being rendered due to an unsupported language problem.

Note: For example, if the user agent does not support Japanese, render
"[Japanese text]" instead of the content, or use an accessible icon that
indicates an unsupported language.
</Jon's Modified>