Re: AGENDA: W3C WAI User Agent Telecon 5 January 2000

Jon Gunderson wrote:

> WAI UA Telecon for January 5th, 2000
>
> Chair: Jon Gunderson
> Date: Wednesday, January 5th
> Time: 12:00 noon to 1:30 pm Eastern Standard Time, USA
> Call-in: Longfellow Bridge (+1) (617) 252-1038
>
> Agenda

Jon,

I'd like to propose that we also discuss (and that the WG
read in advance) the "User Agent Responsibilities" document
that I published on 28 December [1].

The goal of the document is to be the first step towards
establishing a mechanism for determining what are the
responsibilities of general purpose browsers and what
are the responsibilities of assistive technologies.

Some goals for discussion about the document:

 1) Do people think this is useful? I think it is, notably
    as a supporting document for explaining to the Director
    and Membership and in an eventual FAQ how we chose to draw
    the line.

 2) Do people agree with the methodology? What is missing? What is
incorrect?

 3) There are several checkpoints that are not clearly the
responsibility of
    either group. How do we address them?

Thank you,

 - Ian