Re: Suggested Revision to Definitions of Control and Configure

David,
I am a little concerned about trying to make individual checkpoint point
level more complicated and using them to tell developers what needs
persistence along with another functionality.  I think if we use the word
control and put our persistence requirements in the configuration section
we will make the document much easier for developers to understand.  If we
start to talk about persistence in individual checkpoints then we might as
well get rid of checkpoint 10.7, since it would be duplicating the
requirements in other checkpoints.  I would rather see the emphasis on
control in other checkpoints and then use 10.7 determine what should be
persistent and use the minimum requirements in 10.7 as the means to define
persistent features required.

10.7 For the configuration requirements of this document, allow the user to
save user preferences in a profile. [Priority 2]

Jon

At 08:01 AM 5/19/00 -0400, David Poehlman wrote:
>I suggest  a different approach.  some things that are now not controllable
>are setable and some of that subset should be controllable.  I proppose we
>use set to mean obtain persistence as in set font family and controll to
>mean dynamically interact with or change.  We need this distinction.
>--
>Hands-On Technolog(eye)s
>ftp://poehlman.clark.net
>http://poehlman.clark.net