Re: Request for clarification on I18N speech synthesis question

Jon Gunderson wrote:

> Ian,
> I think the minimum is that the speech should just say to the user that it
> has encountered a Japanese phrase.  A second level of access would allow
> the user to get the numerical information of the Japanese characters.

This is not a minimal requirements isssue. The question is what
does this mean for speech synthesizers: "Dynamic switching for these
short phrases may make the content sound unnatural and possibly
harder to understand." What should speech synthesizers do instead?

 _ Ian