From: w3c-wai-ua-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ua-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Hans Riesebos
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2000 6:17 AM
To: ij@w3.org
Cc: <
Subject: Re: Proposed definitions for content, document object, etc.

Some small remarks <Hans>between these tags</Hans>

>>> Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org> 04/18/00 10:54PM >>>

6) Source view

   <BLOCKQUOTE>
   A source view renders all or part of the document
   object in a way that reveals the document object
   model. Often, a source view presents the document
   object using the syntax of the source markup
   languages.
   </BLOCKQUOTE>

<Hans>
As I understand, the "source" is unparsed and therefore cannot reveal the
document object in any way. Speaking of document object itself is false. If
only the source was already parsed (contradiction in terms), a source view
might (minimally) satisfy checkpoint 2.1, because in effect it would have
become a document object view.
</Hans>

Hans Riesebos
ALVA BV, The Netherlands