Re: AGENDA: W3C WAI User Agent Telecon 19 April 2000

Jon,

Please add to the agenda an item about the UA Guidelines dependency
on DOM Level 2. The DOM Working Group has been held up in their process
of different interpretations of the XML namespaces Recommendation [1]
by various XML Working Groups. Since it might be a while before DOM
Level 2 advances to Proposed Recommendation, we might want to change
our DOM requirements to DOM 1 so that we can move forward. Please
note that if we make this change (which is significant, even if it's
motived by a process issue, not a consensus issue), we may not be
able to move directly to Recommendation. This would be the subject
of the agenda item.

Thank you,

 - Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml-names