Re: FRAME Techniques (was Re: Proposed techniques for Checkpoint 2.7)

"Gregory J. Rosmaita" wrote:

> aloha, jon!
>
> i have no problem with using a more simplified version of what i posted to the
> list earlier today...  optimally, i'd like an amalgam of my and your
> suggestions to be inserted, as i am concerned with the dangers of
> over-tersifying techniques, but, i suppose, that at this point, it's up to you
> and ian...  whatever the working group agrees conveys the necessary info in the
> most efficacious manner is fine with me...

Proposed:

<BLOCKQUOTE>
 To name frames in HTML, use:

1. The "title" attribute on FRAME, or if not present,
2. The "name" attribute on FRAME, or if not present,
3. Title information of the referenced frame source
(e.g., the TITLE element of the source HTML document), or
4. Title information of the referenced long description
(e.g., what "longdesc" refers to in HTML), or
5. Frame context
(e.g., "Frame 2.1.3" to indicate the path to this frame in
nested framesets).
</BLOCKQUOTE>

 - Ian

> if you and ian would like, i can spin out my more verbose techniques into some
> narrative for the Accessibility Topics section of the Techniques document..

Sure, if you'd like.