Re: Checkpoint 6.6 for real.

You can change selection color in Windows 98 in the control panel.  Select
display and under appearance tab you can go to the item control.  Under
item there will be a selected items option to configure.

Not all programs use the system configured colors though.

Jon

At 05:17 PM 8/27/99 -0500, thatch@us.ibm.com wrote:

>Ian,
>
>Does the following cover both 6.5.and 6.6?
>
>6. x When color changes, like reverse video, are used to indicate visual
focus,
>or selection, allow the user to set that color (foreground and background).
>
>I assume you do not want to require "user control" of rendering of the
standard
>focus rectangle, which would be included in the way you interpret 6.6.
>
>Someone told me how to to change the "reverse video" colors in Windows. I
did it
>in my NT box, and can't find the setting on my Win98 machine. Any help?
>

>Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org> on 08/26/99 10:49:45 PM
>
>To:   James Thatcher/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
>cc:   w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
>Subject:  Re: Checkpoint 6.6 for real.
>

>thatch@us.ibm.com wrote:
>>
>> So here is the real 6.6!
>>
>> Allow the user to control focus highlighting (e.g., foreground
>> and background color).
>>
>> Question, what is focus highlighting. The focus indicator I know
>> from Netscape and IE is a dotted box, not a highlight.
>
>Perhaps this is merely a question of language then: highlight is
>supposed to mean "a mechanism used to distinguish A from B." It
>may be a dotted box, reverse video, underlining, marching red ants,
>or a higher-pitched voice. How is highlighting done by
>braille displays?
>
>It looks like we should define the term highlight in the guidelines.
>Or, use a better term. Can you suggest one?
>
> - Ian
>
>--
>Ian Jacobs (jacobs@w3.org)   http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs
>Tel/Fax:                     +1 212 684-1814

1207 S. Oak Street
Champaign, IL 61820

Voice: 217-244-5870
Fax: 217-333-0248