Re: "For dependent user agents"

Ian, Point of information. Below you said: quote We have mostly been thinking
about how speech and braille devices can switch dictionaries automatically when
there's a marked up change in language. endquote. Which braille and speech
devices do this?

I continue to contend that this is not a priority 1 accessibility issue. For
example, though I cannot understand Japanese, I can understand English when it
is spoken by a Japanese tts engine - with difficulty. The same is true for a
Japanese speaker; in fact it is probably easier fro them to understand the
poorly pronounced English. Though I don't think anybody is doing it, I suspect a
similar statement can be made for braille.

Jim Thatcher
IBM Special Needs Systems
www.ibm.com/sns
thatch@us.ibm.com