Re: UA multimedia techniques and SMIL approach

Where is the information that the UA needs to make the media objects
selectable? Is that defined by RDF or some other language and is there some
standard for it that the UA can use to define what object is caption and
what is overdubbing or description and what language is used?

When there is such a standard, is it then that when the user at UA selects
to turn captions off or turn on overdubbings in one language (not original)
and captions in another language (not original either) we just totally
ignore the SMIL flag settings and use the original info directly? (The
second case is actually impossible to state with SMIL.)

If we take this approach, is there any case where the UA interface actually
uses the SMIL flags? Or is that then a special lower level interface where
the SMIL flags can be directly controlled and what you can do is limited
and dependent of how the SMIL author decided to use the flags?

  Marja