What is documentation?

From: Kitch Barnicle <kitch@afb.org>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 09:14:40 -0500
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
Hi,

I've been doing more thinking about the documentation issue. I'd just like
to clarify what we mean when we talk about documentation. Since many user
agents don't come with manuals, I had been assuming that documentation
includes an application's built-in help system as well as any print
materials that may accompany a product. Is that a safe assumption?  Does
the term documentation only apply to manuals?

What about context sensitive help? Should the help system and any "manuals"
be treated separately in regards to checkpoints for accessibility?

Thanks,
Kitch