The keyboard model exists!

At 05:00 PM 27-08-98 -0400, David Poehlman <poehlman@clark.net> wrote:
>Looking over the minutes, it seems as though we may have to come up with a
>model browser design to demonstrate the guidelines feasability.

Hi
Ideally a model browser to show feasibility should be done. But there aren't
recourses to do it so we must draw on what is already known. Before the Web
my passion was DOS, then Win, Navy simulations, ones with 2 or 3 manuals
deeply rooted in reality. Such simulations have extensive 1 keystroke
commands on the main keyboard so they can be run quite well via an unsteady
headwand. "Harpoon" runs Dos, Win, & Mac showing that platform type isn't
necessarily interfered with, or an obstacle to use of 1 keystroke commands
on the main keyboard. This link shows some of "Harpoon's" 1 key commands
http://www.gamestorm.com/actionandstrategy/harpoononline/howtoplay/kbdconfig
.gif
Finding this on the Web was very easy. Since gamers have easy 1 keystroke
commands their inclusion in the UA guildlines cannot be seen as unusual.
After all these vital keystrokes will be Off by Default like all
Accessibility features such as Mouse Keys.

Regards,
Bryan

-> "Just because we call it the Web does not mean its supposed to tangle
people up!"