RE: UA WD review regarding physical disabilities

At 09:08 PM 11-08-98 -0500, "Gregg Vanderheiden" <po@trace.wisc.edu> wrote:
>I am concerned that we don't have specific navigation strategy. Saying
>that the shortest number of keystrokes should be used may end up with very
>different and incompatible navigation strategies that will only serve to
>confuse. I don't have a recommendation to toss in here but we should look
>at this issue in detail.

>Gregg

I fully agree.
But the builder's of current OS platforms resisted more specific ideas
because they interfere with the overall scheme of the platform. It seems to
leave Accessibility as a secondary issue. It would be terrific if vendors
took action to show a commitment to keyboard navigation; deeds speak.

>Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
>Professor - Human Factors
>Dept of Ind. Engr. - U of Wis.
>Director - Trace R & D Center
>Gv@trace.wisc.edu, http:// trace.wisc.edu
>FAX 608/262-8848

Regards,
Bryan

-> "I don't need to stand to talk, to advise, & to generally make a pain in
the ass out of myself." Dr. Stephen Franklin, "Babylon 5": 'Shadow Dancing'