Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: question regarding printed PDF documents

On 18/01/2024 18:58, Jerra Strong wrote:
> I'm still interested while reading through the replies if there is
> consensus that a form which cannot be digitally filled out or signed (i.e.
> requiring printing of the form) is a legal compliance risk or issue due to
> accessibility concerns.

I'd suggest that if you force people to physically sign, when that is
physically impracticable, they will end up with satisfying your
requirement, to them, which defeats the value of the signature as
something that can be compared against a specimen, as they may well
resort to tools to merge an image, before printing.

Incidentally, in CJK environments, stamps (chops) were traditionally
used to sign documents, and, I believe, in the UK companies can still
sign, by impressing a relief seal into the paper.  Also, when my father
was signing cheques for a large public sector organisation, he used a
two colour stamp of his signature.

UK banks, at least seem to accept passwords, and callbacks with code
numbers, and one time code generators, as authenticators, and then
accept a simply form button press as the confirmation of the
transaction.  It seems to me that ink and paper signatures are an
obsolescent technology, with limited geographic applicability.

In terms of legislation compliance, I believe the UK requirement is to
provide an equivalent service to the standard online one, not to make
the standard online one work for everyone.