Re: progresive enhancement, and wcag guides?

Hi Karen,

WCAG does not demand progressive enhancement. It’s not important how you meet a success criterion.

You can use native interactive HTML elements (like buttons or links) elements or a div and use complex techniques to make it behave like a button.

In most cases it makes more sense to use a working wheel instead of reinventing it…

Also WCAg is not only for blind people. If you get information, that obviously wrong, try to read the guideline yourself. It’s not really a lot of text, but sometimes hard to understand.

The understanding documents can help.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Marc Haunschild - he / him - #gernPerDu
Qualifizierte und autorisierte Prüfstelle im BIK-BITV-Prüfverbund

Marc Haunschild Accessibility Consulting
Sonnenhof 32
53119 Bonn

Telefon: 0170 8 64 00 63
Web: https://Accessibility.Consulting https://haunschild.de