Re: 1.4.12 - Text Spacing

On 08/09/2023 11:12, Michael Livesey wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> regarding 1.4.12 text spacing, we were having a discussion to what
> extent this should apply to user content on a site. Someone at our
> organization has suggested that all user content is excluded from 1.4.12.
>
> For example, there are forms where users can add comments that are
> visible to other users.
>
> Does 1.4.12 need to apply to user content that is displayed by the
> system as comments against the form?
>
> Or one user adds test to a text-area field, and then another user opens
> the form to read the text, does 1.4.12 apply?
>
> In on respect it is user content, but in another the system is
> generating the content for viewing by others.
>
> Any advice would be much appreciated, thank you!

Do you foresee the user being able to somehow mess up/block the content
in a way that then would make it unreadable when another user has
specific text sizing metrics? (as a reminder, 1.4.12 doesn't say
"content must have these metrics", but rather "if a user manages to set
their browser to enforce these metrics, content doesn't break
down/explode/overlap")

--
Patrick H. Lauke

https://www.splintered.co.uk/ | https://github.com/patrickhlauke