Re: Minimum font size requirement or guideline for accessbility

On 08/03/2023 13:12, David Woolley wrote:
> On 08/03/2023 12:33, richard userite wrote:
>> absolute measurements such as pixels
>
> As I understand it, pixel long ago ceased to mean pixel and now means
> 1/96th of an inch.
>
>> proportional sizes such as "%" or "pt"
>
> "pt" is, as far as I know, still a typographer's point, which is as
> absolute as "px", but using 72, rather than 96, as the divisor. Did you
> mean "em"?

Fun side note that if you're working in digital, all the various
measurements that match real-world units ("mm", "cm", "pt", etc) are
actually, by definition in the CSS spec, all anchored on the ideal pixel
definition, so have nothing to do with their traditional/real-world
counterparts (i.e. if you define something in "pt", or "mm", and then
hold a ruler against your screen, the results will vary wildly from
their real-world equivalents...)

--
Patrick H. Lauke

https://www.splintered.co.uk/ | https://github.com/patrickhlauke