Re: Query regarding 1.3.4

On 08/11/2022 17:40, Brooks Newton wrote:
> the success criterion was all about not forcing users to have to
> be able to change orientation ever to get content or functionality to work
> correctly.

As I understand it the question is not about the site forcing a change
of orientation, but the user forcing a change.  I'm working on the
assumption that the site does load, initially, in both orientations.

Under benefits, the more detailed information, two examples are given of
benefits.  One is that the user lacks the physical ability to change the
orientation, and the other is that they find font sizes easier to cope
with in landscape.  In the first case there is no possibility of the
user trying to force a change.  I guess you could suggest that in the
second, the user entered the site in portrait and decided they had to go
to landscape to be able to read it, but I'd argue that someone in that
situation would always try to use landscape.