From: Kiran <kiranph@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 8, 2022 8:09 PM
To: w3c WAI List <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Subject: Question on animation in an advertisement box

Hi all!

Hope you all are doing well. Really appreciated more information and guidance on animation from you all.

so we are building an animation for some ads (advertisements)  where an ad containing a box would stay on the very right side of the page.
Ad itself is contained in the square box where the half portion of the box has static content while the other half portion of the ad box contains moving infinite loop animation which is only for decoration and does not overlap with the content in any way.

My question is: does this small box need a Pause, hide or stop button? OR can this be ignored completely? was wondering if any WCAG criteria I should be taking care of. (animation does not have any flash content which would cause seizures )

Thank you so much for your suggestions!

Regards,
Kiran