Re: Question on contrast requirement in ratings(Asterisk) stars *

Hello Kiran,

similarly to the Gradients section of the 1.4.11 understanding, I would ask myself: removing the area with non sufficient contrast ratio (<3:1), can I still identify and understand the graphical object?

Do I have context to understand the metric/range? Is it clear that ratings are on a scale from 1 to 5 (and not for example from 1 to 10)?

Having a visible label that describes the visual presentation of the element, in my opinion, is a good choice, even more if accompanied by sr- only labels that makes content human-readable.

Giacomo