Re: Keyboard navigation in a custom menu and WCAG compliance

Hi Vlad,

I am not sure I am fully addressing your question, but it *sounds* as if the inability to arrow-key around in your case may be something I see sometimes, components that are not block-level but inline:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Inline_elements#list_of_inline_elements

I see pages like (pseudo code):
SPAN RADIO1 /SPAN
SPAN RADIO2 /SPAN
and using a screen reader and keyboard navigating one cannot get to RADIO2. It is necessary to use TAB.

My fix is to make each item that needs individual focus, block level.

Hope that's relevant and helps.

Regards,

Alan
Alan Bristow ( he / him / il )