Re: Focus management on a page load and the WCAG criteria

On 22/06/2022 11:16, Vlad Kolpakov wrote:
> From what I know, I
> wouldn't fail it under 2.4.3 Focus Order because it addresses the
> sequential navigation specifically and does not take into account the
> initial focus placement.

The wording of the SC does not mention initial focus placement, but to
me that doesn't exhonerate it. The order in which components receive
focus also includes considerations of where it starts/ends. If the order
starts at a random place halfway through the page, I would fail it under
2.4.3.

Patrick H. Lauke

https://www.splintered.co.uk/ | https://github.com/patrickhlauke
https://flickr.com/photos/redux/ | https://www.deviantart.com/redux