From: Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>
Sent: 14 June 2022 13:21
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: Unlabelled text input - Label in Name?

On 14/06/2022 13:15, Tom Shaw wrote:

> The label has not been programmatically associated with the text input
> using the appropriate attribute/ID (a few other failures here) BUT
> there is a visible label. Will this also fail Label in Name? I think
> it does..."

Yes it does. The SC is concerned with whatever the user may visually perceive as the label (regardless of how it's coded in the underlying markup, or whether it's even associated properly, etc)

Patrick H. Lauke

https://www.splintered.co.uk/ | https://github.com/patrickhlauke

https://flickr.com/photos/redux/ | https://www.deviantart.com/redux