Re: Seeking clarity regarding the terminology in Success Criterion 1.2.5 Audio Description

I totally agree about your first point. If they simply add "separate" it
would clear up a lot of the ambiguity.

The second point still doesn't clarify the fact that the sentence uses
"added to the soundtrack" and "main soundtrack alone". I interpret that
as two distinct soundtracks. "narration *added to the soundtrack* to
describe important visual details that cannot be understood from the
*main soundtrack alone*". "Main soundtrack *alone*" implies a second
soundtrack.

Why would that not be stated as something like, "narration added to the
main soundtrack or a separate soundtrack to describe important visual
details?

Greg