RE: Accessible Word Developer tools

I would second this!

I do use Word to create a form template that I then convert to tagged PDF
and add the form controls there. My form templates have no underline, no
symbols representing possible form controls (squares, circles and other
sometimes non-intuitive things).

I would add that the label/Tooltip for the Content Controls are still not
consistently identified to those of us using screen readers. They are still
keyboard traps (I was demonstrating this the other day and it took me about
10-11 tries with the keyboard to jump out of one and then my focus/cursor
was nowhere near the Content Control in the document) and any improvements
are NOT backward compatible.

I am using Office 365 with the latest version of my screen reader.

The ActivX/Legacy form controls require parts of the document to be
protected which means they are not accessible to those of us using screen
readers or Text-to-Speech tools. I've also noticed in the past year or year
and a half that even protecting parts of the Word document and forcing focus
to the ActiveX/legacy form controls does not result in a correct Tab Order
and more often than not the Word document crashes even on single page forms.

HTML or PDF are the best formats for forms.oh, and InDesign to an accessible
format as well.

Cheers, Karen