From: Jerri Zhang <zhangjerri@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2021 12:59 PM
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Question for form fields on mobile: to break out or not?

This email originated outside of OLG. Do not open attachments or click links unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.
Hello,

I've been trying to figure out whether or not it's against recommendations to break forms fields on mobile into separate screens. I think if my readings have been correct, forms ought to stay together on the same screen on desktop UI because a keyboard is often used for navigating through them for completion.

However, it's unclear whether that is applicable on mobile. Does the same behavior occur? Are there issues with having form fields broken out into multiple screens in a registration flow (ie: one input field per screen) even if there is a progress bar/indicator above? It's a common pattern I've seen in a lot of apps and would like some insight.

-Jerri

--
Best,

Jerri Zhang
Interactive Designer
jerrizhang.com<https://can01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fjerrizhang.com%2F&data=04%7C01%7Cchrobrien%40olg.ca%7C43cb3654f53943d44c5108d9925a196b%7Cf271d9b4e54c46e182bd25d50afa3779%7C0%7C0%7C637701737984531274%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&sdata=wA4Xy71IJDKgbbRsxyjmA7KMxZEXcbQUb%2BfQkl9OUxQ%3D&reserved=0>