Re: Excel file and CSV accessibility

There is some W3C work and a spec on creating "RDF graphs" from CSV files,
ie how to make it a bit more usable.

In the right tools (e.g. a spreadsheet system or RDF analysis tool that
isn't broken - and there is no obvious excuse for why they would be), you
can interact with and explore the data.

A decent system provides mechanisms for making specific queries, although
in practice the ones I know are not very helpful. Data management is
actually quite hard and unless people make the effort to build sensible
interfaces to their specific data, real interpretation takes an
unnecessarily high skill level.

So CSV by itself is a horrid and mostly inaccessible thing, but if
designed applying good practices, it can usually be readily turned into
something that is "not terrible" (that's a french expression, that
actually means "not very good"... seems about right in this case).

cheers